On the way to the appointment this morning, Victoria had her camera in hand. I said,"Um, why are you bringing your camera?" She said,"Because I want you to video me on the way home! I heard that people say some really funny stuff and act really silly after they get their wisdom teeth out." I laughed and laughed and said, "You really don't want to see that sweetie." She said, " I do! Please video me!" {.... Let's just say, I have some excellent blackmail material to show Victoria's future fiance. wink, wink.}
Her Oral Surgeon, Dr. Morse, is about the nicest person on the planet. His demeanour is so calm and soft spoken. He really sets a nice relaxing tone around his office. I knew when the doctor had put in her IV with the special relaxation and sleepy juice because his office wasn't so calm any longer...I could hear Victoria giggling all the way out in the waiting room! Then, about 10 seconds later, she was silently snoring.
She was very chatty and silly all the way home. I was laughing, and at one point I had tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard. Not, a good thing while driving. I will not post online her ride home videos. That is just too mean, however, they were pretty funny! Once we did get home, she was very unstable getting out of the van and I was holding onto her for dear life. Not easy when she is so much taller that I am. It was like trying to lead a drugged rhino into the house and upstairs. As a matter of fact, she crawled up the stairs, no kidding.
Tori after surgery.
I'm not sure why, I guess it's because Victoria is my first child, but it makes me a wee bit sad when I see her go through another momentous occasion. Last month it was Drivers Ed and getting her Driver's Permit. This month it was the Wisdom Teeth removal. I just want to stop the clock, but I can't. It seems the more I try, faster time goes. Sniff, sniff. Okay, I will get down off of my "poor mother's feeling sorry for herself" soap box.
So, it's milk shakes, smoothies, jell-o, pudding, and yogurt on the menu today and tonight for Victoria. Tomorrow we move onto cold fruit soups, cool mashed taters and eggs. Right now she is upstairs, enjoying a chocolate banana smoothie and doing her favorite past time...watching I Love Lucy! {That's my girl!}
1 comment:
Lucky Victoria...I didn't have near that much fun when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I was an adult...no doting mommy to take care of me. But then I don't have blackmail videos either. ;0)
Post a Comment