CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 28, 2012

Tori's Knee Surgery

Tori is so brave.  I don't think I could have been as calm as she was before she went into surgery.  She really held her emotions in check.  If I could have, I would have traded places with her in a second. As a mom, it just broke my heart to see her have to go through surgery. I felt so bad for her, yet I knew she needed to have this procedure done so she could finally get some relief to her knee.


Last November she was running laterals on the football field with her volleyball team, when something popped in her knee. The doctor tried many different way to help her find relief. Nothing was working and the MRI showed nothing.  Finally in April he told us it is Plica syndrome. They scheduled surgery to remove the scar tissue and I believe cartilage floating in her knee.  Recovery was awful the first few days. She was in extreme pain.  However by day three she was walking on it.  She got her stitches out last Thursday and her knee does have some swelling, but the doctor says it will go down soon.  So glad to have her feel better and pain free!

No comments: