Halloween is my least favorite holiday. Every year I put up decorations for two reasons, first because my mother use to go all out for the holiday, she loved it...I guess you could say it is just ingrained into my soul. The second reason I decorate is for my kids. Now, I am not one of those freaks that puts up the blood and gore....I don't like the scary decor. I prefer the cute, happy pumpkins, cute witches and the fall leaves.
We only had 5 groups of kids (few kids in each group) come to our home to trick-or-treat. We live in a subdivision where the homes are on acre lots and they are quite spread out. So I was not too surprised at the lack of trick-or-treaters this year. Last year I walked Tiffany around our area and it took us two hours and we didn't get much candy. This year, I took her to a subdivision where all of the homes are close together on small lots. Let's just say, her loot pile was much bigger this year than last year.
The twins texted me on the afternoon of Halloween and asked if a "few" of their friends could come over and hang out....a few turned out to be about 25. haha! I have to say though, you would have never known there were 25 kids in my home. They were pretty laid back and quiet. Yet, they had a great time too. Lots of laughter! They had a great time with Chip our mannequin...they put him out in the street to scare passing drivers. They youth were pretty creative!
Tiffany dressed as a biker chick and Brianne went to her MANY parties as a royal. I think she ended up going to about 5 parties. She is our social butterfly. Oh, speaking of social butterflies...that was what Tori and her senior friends dressed as for Halloween, social butterflies. You can't see in the photo, but they each had on butterfly wings too. Tori was Facebook.
Here are the photos of the fun night....
Nana's Pasta Salad
-
Cook 1 Box of Bowtie Pasta
2 cups of Spinach
1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
6 String Cheese, chopped
1 can of Black Olives
1 red onion, chopped
1 Rotisserie C...
8 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment