CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Victoria is off to YW Girls Camp!

We got home from California late Monday night. We had a fantastic trip to Disney and SoCal beaches! The only difficult part was unpacking everyone, catching up on the laundry for seven people, and then repacking Tori for girls camp. Some of you may be asking, what is girls camp? It is a week long camp for the girls in our church ages 12-18. It is a week of total fun and giggling, growing spiritually closer to God by being out in the forest enjoying nature and having total fun and giggling, (did I say that? :O)you make so many memories that you cherish for many years. I still reflect upon my youth days at girls camp at Ensign Ranch in Washington state with Bev Thompson as our Stake Girls Camp Leader. Such happy memories.

So, this morning I sent Victoria off the camp at 7am. 40 youth and leaders went to Colorado. I do have to say there was a part of me that was a wee-bit jealous. I should have gone, because I am in the YW presidency, but I opted to stay home with my kids and to stay home with one the YW who was not going due to summer school and she was just baptized last week!

As a mom, this morning reminded me of the first day of Kindergarten. This is Tori's first time leaving home without her family and traveling such a long distance. She was a little teary eyed telling me that she missed us already. It was difficult to bite my lip and hold the tears back. I just smiled and tried to tell her that this would be a great experience for her...which I know it will be!
Here is a picture of her packed and all ready to go.

1 comment:

Gary or Carol said...

Hey, Victoria! Way to go! Let us know how it was.