
Maybe it's just because I grew up in Washington and Utah, but I love Autumn. The colorful maples and aspen trees turning all colors of the rainbow. No luck in finding much of that in Houston. I wish Houston completely celebrated the four season. We have mild winters, beautiful springs (that begin in February and last until possibly late April, then summer brings the hot humidity (May-October-ish). I do long for these cool autumn days and when they arrive I cherish them. I have noticed in over the past 12 years that the leaves do not begin to change color until mid December. Houston is not known for fall colors. You mainly see long needle pines or live oak trees. The only time you see color leaves around here, is typically in a Non-Texan's yard. Meaning, the Northerners moved down here and went through the four seasons withdrawal, so they planted a tree that turns color in the autumn. Most leaves in Houston, quickly fall and begin coming back in February. This is such an odd climate.

This morning I woke at 3:30am, or shall I say, I was woken up at 3:30am to Brianne standing over me saying, "Mom, I don't feel good." well, having fallen for this "trick" with all of my kids, I quickly woke myself up and ran her to the bathroom, just in time too. I did get a good chuckle out of this special experience. Let me ask you this oh mighty followers of my blog, and not to mention the one lone follower in Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar whomever you are, why is it when you feel the urge to puke, you can hold it in (typically) just until a toilet seat is lifted in front of your face? Then it's like,"Release the flood gates!!"
Is anyone else beginning to feel nauseous? (hee-hee!) I know, I am a nut job. Just one of those random motherly thoughts I had at 3am while holding back sweet B's blonde locks. So, today little B is home from school, still sick. I am not to sure what she has. I did ask her if anyone in her class was sick? She said, "nope". My next thought was, "Haha! finally our family began some sickness at the elementary school and this time we're not the losers, who caught it from half the class." Not sure why, but I feel jubilant that one of my kids is the spreader of disease. Possibly, it is just a small feeling of revenge for the many years my kids have brought home junk that was being passed around at school and then they lovingly spread it around our home.
Did you know I have a new job? Okay so not really, I just add this new title under the "Mother" heading. I am a taxi cab driver. On Wednesdays & Thursdays I am going in so many directions, it's not funny. I was actually in a crabby tired mood yesterday. (Just ask Ron). I had run errands all day. (literally), after I picked up Brianne from school, I then turned around and picked up Tori from volleyball practice, then back home to drop her off and pick up B for piano lessons, back home to drop her off, then rush to make dinner, then leave for Young Women's. (All of this in a Texas size downpour.) Thursdays are worse, as I throw in Faith In God Girls for the twins and 2-3 volleyball games for Tori. So, how can I find more enjoyment in these two days and not be so crab-tac-ular? Well, I am trying to see the good in all things since I last heard President Monson's talk and Julie Beck's talks. I do enjoy watching Victoria improve in her volleyball skills, and I enjoy talking to her on the ride. I also have enjoyed listening and watching Brianne blossom in her piano skills. I have to say, she is learning quickly and I am proud of her. As she says,"I have finally found something I am good at!" Most of all, I know that if I can get through Wednesday and Thursdays, then I make it to Friday! My most favorite day of the week. I clean the house, so it smells and looks fresh, and I don't have to cook dinner (that is left up to the babysitters) and Ron and I can can go out on our date night. I just enjoy the break from being a Mom. It is one of the many things I cherish all week. So, when I am a crazy taxi driver or cleaning up puke...whatever the week throws at me, I know I can look forward to Friday night.


2 comments:
I'm totally cracking up at the mood you were in this morning as you were blogging. You're absolutely hilarious. I'm still laughing as I think of all the funny things you said especially our dear Otowa Quatar follower. Hope you're having a good day! Sounds like it :)
Hey, now I know some things about you that I didn't know...probably since we haven't really talked much for awhile...you actually get a babysitter for your kids. WOOOOOOOH!
As for Brianne throwing up...well, some of us have been there!!!
Post a Comment