CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Traditions


One of my favorite traditions is to make fudge at Christmas time. Not just one type of fudge either.
Today I made, I don't know how many pounds of fudge. All I know is I made 8 batches, that fit snugly into three 9 x 13 pans and one 9 x 9. This year I created milk chocolate fudge with Andes Mints Crushed on top, milk chocolate fudge with Heath Toffee bar crushed on top, semi-sweet rocky road, and semi-sweet pecan. The rocky road is one of my favorites, as the marshmallow melts into the chocolate and the chocolate covers the salty peanuts, I then add marshmallows to the top for color.
I enjoy cutting up the fudge and putting it on cute Christmas plates tied with a ribbon. It is most fun to deliver the plates to neighbors and friends! Giving makes you feel so happy and makes you forget about yourself. I love that feeling.

3 comments:

Gary or Carol said...

Okay, I gained 5 pounds just looking at those pictures. :)
Carol

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, that fudge looks so good. I'm almost ready to get rid of all the junk-almost I say not quite yet. I didn't know you blogged, it was fun to catch up!

jt said...

Thanks for the Christmas card!! Your girls are growing up so much.

I have NEVER made fudge. easy recipes?