The most perplexing thing happened to me today. A Stake High Councilman asked me to speak in another ward in a couple of weeks. A part of me is nervous and a part of me excited. I do like speaking and teaching, and I just found a ton of information on the Internet on the topic given. So, this should be pretty easy right? Then, why do I feel like I am gonna barf? This should be easier speaking to another ward other than my own right? At least if I mess up or something...most likely I won't see these folks again... Can you tell I am still kicking myself for saying,"Yes". What was I thinking? :O) Well, I will step out of my comfort zone and learn something from this I am sure. It's been said, that if you don't step out of your comfort zone, you will never really know what happiness is. So, here it goes...weeeeeeeeeeeeee!
7 comments:
Speaking is speaking honestly probably harder in a ward you are familiar with the people. But you will do a great job...after you throw up of course.
Good Luck with that one...Jeff is on the High Council here...so far it is only him that has to speak all the time...don't let that wind blow this direction...
Who knew they asked people to speak in other wards?? That is news to me... glad it's you and not me. :) You will do great and I agree that it's harder to speak in your ward then a ward where you don't know anyone. Good Luck!
Danielle - I've known you for 19 years (YIKES) and KNOW you will do a great job. I wish I could be there (with the other roommates) to support you and listen to your wonderful talk. What's your topic?
My previous comment made no sense. What I meant to say was...I think it would be harder to speak to people I know. :) I must have had Hope on my lap before.
Ooo, yikes, I feel for you. I don't hear of that happening often. Did you do yourself in by doing a fantastic job on your last talk or what?! I'm teasing- you'll do great!
So how did it go?
Post a Comment