CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

You Never Know Who is Watching...

I am not sure if Ron and I are just raising our daughters well or if they just came pre-programmed this way. Last month we were in a parking lot and Brianne found a $20 bill on the ground. She immediately picked it up and began walking towards the door. I asked her,"Where are you going? She said, I am going to turn this money in!" I thought, wow! That is so honest!

Then last week, Victoria was taking extra long coming out to the van after volleyball practice. When she eventually got in, I asked her,"What took so long?" She told me she had found a $5 bill on the ground and turned it into the office. She said her friends all just told her to keep it, but she knew she should turn it in. What if it was a student's lunch money for the week? She would hope someone would turn in her money if she had dropped it.

This morning we received this email from her Assistant Principal at the junior high school...

Mr. and Mrs. Turner,
Sometime about a week ago a $5 bill appeared mysteriously on the front desk after school. I asked the custodian about it and she said she didn't know where it had come from. I decided to check the video cameras later when I got a chance, and after a few days I saw it was a volleyball player, and the next chance I got, I showed the image to Mrs. Ford who told me the student was Victoria.

It turns out that Victoria found the $5 on the floor in the hallway after school, and rather than pocketing it, she took it to the office. When she saw no one was in the office, instead of walking out the door with the $5, she placed it on the receptionist's desk. I am both very proud and very impressed with the high quality of character that Victoria has displayed. I communicated this to her today and I wanted to communicate it to you as well.

Respectfully


Lots of morals in this story. The one that stands out in my mind is...you never know who is watching your actions, so choose wisely and correctly. Be a good example to those around you and choose the right. I also thought about the video camera the AP mentioned in the letter, what if it was God reviewing the tape? What would he think? We know he is watching our every action. Are you making wise choices each day, so someday when God reviews your video, you won't be ashamed, but you will be able to feel good about the choices you've made?

Way to be Victoria and Brianne! You two make us very proud for these actions you have displayed!

1 comment:

Natalie N said...

Wow! What great girls! Great examples of integrity. We'll have to use these stories at our next FHE. ;)
xoxo