CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snow in Houston? Yes it did!

Recently, it snowed in Houston. Now, when I say snow... I don't mean feet or inches. I mean flurries. But, in Houston...flurries are VERY exciting! For us, it is a magical time. Seeing that it is pretty rare to see snowflakes, we take the time to enjoy the flurries. We went outside and studied the little ice flakes and saw how each one is a beautiful miracle and each one is different.

Since it snowed during the day, the school(s) did let the kids go outside on the playground to experience snow. Which I was grateful. My girls were so excited when they heard the weather report and were hoping, just hoping they would be out of school and/or outside for the event.

For Tiffany, it was her first time touching (and eating) snow, and watching it accumulate on objects in the yard. It was sure cute and quite memorable watching her play.


Why do kids do this?


Colorful Fall leaves arrive in Houston in early December.


So excited to see snow! She had only seen it on TV or in books.


Victoria had just gotten off the bus and walked home in the snow.


Trying to pick up a snowflake!



Holding snow!

Of course....got to eat some too!

MMMM! good!....even with mitten fuzz.

Licking her fingers clean.

No comments: