CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 16, 2010

My New Calling


Alright everyone sing along... "I'm so excited, that I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!" That's how I feel about my new calling. :) :) :) Yeah, that's three smiley faces. Last Sunday I was sustained as the 2nd Counselor in the Stake Young Women's Presidency.

Before I was even sustained they put me to work! I was able to help wrap up loose ends for last weekends Youth Conference and attend the conference. What incredible youth I met. Their spirits were so pure and happy. I enjoyed being around them and enjoyed watching them interact with each other. The Youth Committee leaders really amazed me. During set up, they did almost everything. At times the adult leaders were just standing around watching the youth in action. I was so impressed and look forward to working with these youth again in the future. I am so excited to be a part of this program!

2 comments:

Carin said...

How exciting for you!!! I have been in the Stake YW and loved it, loved it!! I only got to be there for one year, was totally shocked when they released me, and cried for about six months! You will be great and have a fabulous time! Congratulations, have fun and enjoy every moment.....I hope they last longer for you than they did for me. On a brighter note, they have me going to girls' camp again this year, but this time on the staff instead of in the cabin. I'm just happy to be there :-)

Lighting said...

Congrats! I have always wanted that calling!