Alright...I will publicly state...I strongly dislike Mini-society! Some of you may be nodding your heads right now, saying,"AMEN Sister!" and some of you may be saying,"what the heck is that?"
At the end of the school year the teachers begin loading the kids up with lots of projects. I call it the "no teaching - teachers are burned out" time of the year. Last year I made a similar post and showed pictures of items my girls sold at their mini society. I will again post things that Brianne is selling this year. She made about $400 last week in class bucks. (that's pretty good!) It is my hope that this post helps some mother out there who is banging her head against the monitor looking for ideas for her child to sell at class. (That was me a few years ago. I searched all over the Internet and could not find anything.)
Plant people
I found these spirals on sale for $0.16 each at Target. She then cut out magazines, and glued the pics on to make a collage. We then used clear packing tape to laminate the covers.
Vaseline - Kool-aid lip gloss.
Recycled water bottle - lava lamps.
4 comments:
I was the one saying "Huh, what is that?!" :) Glad I learned something new today and also glad I have something to look forward to when my girls are in school. ;)
Okay. Half of me does share your GAG sentiments, but it's only the half that has to house the items they bring home. They get so excited about coming up with and making things to sell, that I get excited for them. I just wish they didn't have to come home with anything. It's like Happy Meal toys multiplied.
Okay, I just got Liv's letter for the rest of the year and not only does she have to come up with stuff to make, we are supposed to donate stuff for them to bid on?! Seriously? On the next to last day of school?! Oh, ugh!
awesome i want one
Post a Comment