CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Victoria Gets her Driver's Permit!

Recently, we enrolled Victoria in a Driver's Training Class. She is doing quite well and is so excited to be able to practice driving.

On the third day of class they gave the students the state driver's permit test and she passed both test with 100%. She came running out of class and was a bit teary eyed, she was so happy that she had passed and was the only student to get 100%.

The first time we put her behind the wheel, I seriously thought I was going to barf. Nothing like being the parent and thinking, "Well, I just put my life in my daughter's hands and several other drivers around me." It is really the moment of total faith that the teen has been trained and knows what she is (somewhat) doing. She is actually a VERY good driver. We are so excited and happy for her as she enters into this new phase of life! Way to be Tori!

2 comments:

Carin said...

OH ya!! I remember that barfing thing....and the grabbing the side of the car because, as the passenger now, you are sure they are going to side swipe the parked cars on the road. After two, I told Drew he had to be the first couple of lessons, not me. You probably don't have to worry about any of those things with Tori!! Way to go (boys just think they own the road and they know what they are doing and the last thing they need is correction from their mother! Oy!

Gary or Carol said...

Tori, you look so natural sitting there. You were born to drive!