So, rumor has it we are moving to Washington this June! Yes, we are leaving the great state of Texas.
There are so many things I will miss...first and foremost my parents who have become such Texans they don't want to leave! We will miss the great Texan patriotism (There is so much patriotism, preschool age children know "the Texas Pledge" right along with the American Pledge of Allegiance. Even some folks in Texas call this location of the country, "The United State of Texas".) We will miss the Texas Flag seen flying everywhere, blue bonnets, strange critters, cowboys/cowgirls, everything Blinged out, cute Texan accents, Blue Bell Ice cream, good BBQ, great Tex Mex foods, polite and courteous kids ("yes Mam, yes Sir"), Getting stuck behind the trail riders each February on SH 249, the low cost of living, beautiful tropical flowers and palm trees, good schools, our friends, the great people of the Cypress Stake, my Texas home and my new pool (whaaaa! yes I am crying...hope the new home owners appreciate the pool I just bought them.)
Let's see what will I not miss....the thick hot humidity, the heat, the hurricanes, severe thunderstorms, gustados (mini tornadoes), big bugs, fire ants, ugly freeways, unkempt city roads, crime, high taxes, huge a/c bills in the months of July, August and September, One season --Summer, traffic, ugly bill boards, FM 1960, the brown Gulf of Mexico, Bermuda Grass, torrential down pours, mold, allergies, rust, etc.
It has been a great blessing living in Houston and raising our babies here. We have met so many kind people. You know who you are. We will miss yall so very much! Thankfully, we will come back to Houston every couple of years to see my parents. We look forward to seeing each of you again. Round up Turner cowgirls....it's time to go home!

5 comments:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
What are we ever to do without the Turners!?!?
We love you so much, and will miss you greatly.
- The Calls
Wow!!! Exciting!!! Not that I will get to see you anymore than I do now, but you will be closer!! So excited for you. We would love to hear the story :-)
You already know my thoughts on this matter :( :).
WOW!!! BIG CHANGE!! Sounds like it'll be a good move for you guys though. Definitely bittersweet! :( :)
xoxo
Post a Comment