CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

YW Girls Camp...Here we come!!

There is a lot of excitement in the air around our house! Victoria, Courtney and Caitlin are almost packed (have been for 2 weeks) and are ready to go to Girls Camp this Monday morning! They will be at camp for one week. Courtney is a little nervous about being away from home, but I am sure once the activities begin at camp, she won't even remember home!

This will be Victoria's second year of camp. Last year she went with our ward to Colorado and on the first day of camp she broke her arm when she was thrown from the horse. Yikes! We told her this year...no horseback riding! (haha)

At this camp there is hiking, swimming (water slide too), archery, crafts, camp certifications, and special programs set up for the girls. They live in air conditioned bunk houses, with running water and electricity and they eat in a cafeteria. I laughed the first time I heard about this. Having attended girls camp at Ensign Ranch in Washington all my YW years, we lived in A frames, had no running water, outhouses (biffys), we lashed our dish washing area and cooked over fires. We floated the river and had such a great time. These girls in Houston have girls camp so easy!! But, then again in Washington there is no heat and humidity, no deadly snakes, and no mosquitoes the size of a suburban and hardly any bugs!

This will be Caitlin and Courtney's first year of camp. They do not turn 12 years old until July 1st, however the Stake has allowed them to come to camp seeing that the cut off date was June 30. Thank you kind Stake leaders for letting these YW go! They are so excited!

I think I may be more excited for my daughters to experience girls camp than they are. But, having worked in the young women's program several times over the past 15 years, I have seen what a testimony builder girl's camp can be. I am excited to see them come back from camp excited about life and with the light of Christ twinkling in their eyes.

Have fun ladies! You ROCK! SHINE IN '09! xoxo



3 comments:

Krista and Jeff said...

Hope it doesn't rain like here...worried my baby is soaking wet!

MarlaKD said...

I can't believe your girls are turning 12 in just a couple of weeks! I'm going to miss them in singing time SO MUCH! On my list of favorites in Sr. Primary, they are #5 and #6. ;) Hope they have an awesome time at camp!

Natalie N said...

Have so much fun, girls! Seeing those pictures of them by their "gear" brought back so many memories of packing up for camp. Can't wait to hear about all the fun they have.