Alright...I feel like someone is just teasing us. The weatherman said, possibly an inch of snow would fall around our city and all that fell from the sky were a few snow flurries and nothing accumulated on the ground. The kids just want to make a snowman, maybe a snow angel? Is that so much to ask? Oh well, the flurries were fun while they lasted. I let the kids stay outside late last night to play under the street lights as it "flurried". I was hoping that ice would form and school would be delayed. Well, no ice this morning, just cranky kids and buses ran on schedule.
The kids did ask an interesting question..."Why is it the year we build a pool, it is cold in February and not warm?" Ti's true, typically here in Houston, in February it begins to warm up and Spring begins to break through. In the 13 years I have been here, I can only think of one other year this cold weather like this winter has occurred. So...sorry kids. The hot, humid, sizzling summer will be here soon. Then you will be begging for this cold, cold weather again! Grass is always greener eh?!
1 comment:
What and were not there?
Post a Comment