CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall Has Arrived!

SEPTEMBER

I made this fun cake for a woman in our ward.  It was her daughter's 1st birthday.  I have been blessed to make several cakes this year.  I just did not post all of them in this blog.  If you would like to see them, go to: thebeehivehouseconfectionery.blogspot.com
 


My birthday arrived and Caitlin made me my cake this year.  Oh how I do love a Texas sheet cake. :) The only thing missing this year was the Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream.

My Party Peeps.



Victoria Turned 18!  Yes, you read that correctly! My baby is growing up! She is 18!! I am doing everything I can this year to help prepare her for going out into the world next Fall.  The only problem is, she is typical teenager...not much into listening to mom, just because, mom doesn't know anything.  HA! She will see. yes, she will see. ;-)

This is her blinged out cake that I created for her. She LOVED it and so did I.  It made it into my top 5 list of my favorite cakes that I have made.




My brother Todd came to visit for his 50th birthday! I can't let a celebration occur in my home without a cake! This was a fun cake to create.  It only took me about 5 minutes.  Yup, I ripped everything off of Tori's cake, icing spray painted the cake black and add the "old man" decorations on top.  My bro loved it too! :)


 
 

Volleyball began for Brianne this month.  She really likes playing and I had a great time watching her play!  Victoria got a job being a referee for the season. I never did get a photo of her in uniform, but I did grab a few pics of her volunteering at the local junior high for a scrimmage.



 

 
 
 
 
I absolutely love living in Washington. It is so wonderful to have four seasons again. I grew up in Washington and Utah. I was accustomed to four seasons. However, when we moved to Texas and we didn't have the four seasons, (we had about two), I just felt like my internal body clock was off.  It was like I knew Fall should arrive, but when I visually couldn't see it or physical feel a temperature drop, my mind was confused.  So, to be back in this area and to have four seasons, is incredible. The leaves this year were beautiful and the chilly frosty mornings have arrived.









 
 
Our garden this year produced so well.  We had many tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, sweet peas, pumpkins, onions, cilantro, dill, asparagus, peppers of all kinds, herbs, raspberries, strawberries, a few peaches {thanks to a late spring freeze there was hardly any peaches or cherries this year.} and blackberries.  It was so a bountiful harvest.  I bottled many blackberries, tomatoes, made salsa, bottled a few peaches, dill pickles, sweet pickles, and spicy peppers.



We finally painted the exterior of our home. Yes....Ron and I on ladders with rollers and brushes.  It took us weeks to paint the house!  The next thing on our list, is to hang the black shutters and paint the front door black. Once that is complete, we will sit back and take a break for the winter.


 
 
 
We took a break from life and went to the ocean this past Fall.  It was just a nice vaca to get away from the burdens of illness, work and stress.  Seems like the ocean is just such a soothing and relaxing place to take a rest.  






























 

 

HAHA.
 

No comments: