CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Bye Bye Truck

It was an emotional day. The girls cried. I still am not sure why. Ron looked like he was going to cry. I guess to him, it was like giving away son.

The man who purchased the truck was gifting it to his 18 year old son. The father said to us,"I probably shouldn't tell you this but my son wrecked his last truck. He likes to party too much. But, he needs a truck for work." I asked the son,"how did you wreck your truck?" He said, (Please use Bill & Ted's voice here) "Oh man, I slammed into a tree. My friends were distracting me." I looked at Ron and he looked at me. We were both thinking the same thing...do we really want to sell our "son" to this kid? What if he wrecks it?

The day after we sold it to them, we both felt uneasy. I told Ron, this must be what it's like to give away a child in marriage. You raise up a child, take such good care of them, and then when you give them away, all you can do is hope for the best their spouse will take care of them. Powerful lesson learned, just by selling the truck.

No comments: