CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Surviving...

Day 3: Back at school.

The house is so quiet. I am really enjoying myself. However, the younger kids don't feel the same way. Brianne isn't too sure about riding a bus. She just doesn't like it. As a mom I'd love to just drive her to school, but as a mom I also want her to learn how to step out of her comfort zone and do something that makes her feel uncomfortable! She did make it on the bus this morning...yea!!

Caitlin is having a fight with her locker. She can't seem to get it open, however everyone else can. mmm. Hopefully, she will get the hang of it today.

The twins did find time yesterday to trick their teachers. They share the same two teachers, however they attend each class at a different time of day. One goes to one class in the morning and the other class in the afternoon. Yesterday Caitlin was in the afternoon class and switched her name tag to say Courtney. The teacher called on her and said, "yes Courtney?" The class all laughed and it took the teacher a minute to figure out why. Before school got out the two teachers called the twins out into the hallway and decided they were going to study them to see if they could someway tell them apart. The teachers were stumped. Then one of them noticed Caitlin's freckle on her neck and they both decided that would have to be the way to tell them apart. At lunch yesterday one of the students said to Courtney,"Hey Caitlin did you save me a seat?" Courtney said "what?" She said the kid was confused and just looked at her funny. The kids in their classes think it's cool they look so alike. Caitlin and Courtney said people just kept staring at them as if they were some freak show!

Victoria is really enjoying Junior High. Not one bit of anxiety is coming out of her. She seems happy to go. She said she is figuring out where her classes are and doesn't need the map much. She finds it weird that there are police dogs sniffing lockers each day looking for drugs and other items. She said it's weird to have two cops in the lunch room watching the students and she said it was weird to hear her teacher tell them to keep their lockers locked so that the drug dealers couldn't put drugs in their locker. This is all so new to me. I guess living in my Mormon bubble, I tune out so much of this stuff that when I hear about it, I am amazed. I have to say Victoria just takes it all so well. Nothing bothers her about school.

Today are volleyball try-outs. I heard 50-70 girls are trying out and there are only 24 spots. I have to say Tori has tried really hard. Even thought she broke her arm this summer and was unable to attend the volleyball camps, she has been outside whacking the ball against the side of the house every day. I am proud of her for trying so hard. Way to go Victoria!

1 comment:

LCM said...

I am glad that you are surviving...especially since you have nothing to do. Heehee...little kids. We do need to have Brianne come home with us sometime soon.