Courtney sent me a text message on the way home from school yesterday.. It said,"I have some exciting news to tell you. Be waiting on the front porch." So, I walked outside and there she was BEAMING! She said,"Look what I got!" She held up her Wow necklace. I asked her how she got hers?! She told me that when she was in elementary school she always talked to a special needs girl named Carmen. Caitlin and Courtney had become friends with this little girl, and when they saw her in the hallway or play ground they said hi to her. Since they have been at the new intermediate school this year, they haven't see her much. So, this past Monday Courtney's teacher told the class that a girl named Carmen who has special needs would be coming into their class and she would need a "friend" to help her. She needs to help her to stay quiet, listen to the teacher, work on her studies, eat lunch and play with her at recess. Courtney volunteered to be that friend and the teacher was so happy, she submitted Courtney's name to be wowed.
Way to go Courtney! I am so proud of you! You too, are answering a Mother's prayer.
Yours and Caitlin's good deeds this week, make me think of one of my favorite Primary songs. "I'll walk with you." Here is a link to that song. http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=2&searchseqstart=140&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=140&searchsubseqend=ZZZ
Way to go Courtney! I am so proud of you! You too, are answering a Mother's prayer.
Yours and Caitlin's good deeds this week, make me think of one of my favorite Primary songs. "I'll walk with you." Here is a link to that song. http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=2&searchseqstart=140&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=140&searchsubseqend=ZZZ
3 comments:
YAY Courtney! Congrats on WOWing us all with your good works girls! Keep up the great work. :)
Courtney, what a great example! Good for you.
Danielle, I love your girls and these little awards don't surprise me a bit! They are both so sweet and a pleasure to everyone around them. You can tell Courtney and Caitlin both for me that Sister Davis is proud of them, too! Way to go, girls!
Post a Comment