CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cold Virus, Flu Virus = SCHOOL!


Let's see where to begin my complaint... SCHOOLS ARE FILTHY GERM PITS! I don't care how much you wash your hands and use hand sanitizer...you still have to breathe! And when you do breathe...in comes the FLU spores. Now, my complaining I am sure is going to ruffle a few feathers...but here it goes. My biggest complaint is against companies that won't give time off to parents with sick children. Their child gets sick and therefore should be staying home. But, no the child can't stay home because their parents can't get time off. So, they send their child to school "secretly sick" with specific directions to not go to the school nurse. If they go to the nurse she will take their temp, and send them home. Then, the child will not be allowed back in the school until they are fever free for 24 hours and they have to have their temp taken by the nurse before they are readmitted into the school.


Here's another sick kid story and lack of communication between parent and child: last week at school a girl came into class. She sits near Courtney and Caitlin. She tells them that she is sick with fever but doesn't want the teacher to know. They asked her why? She said this," because the choir ice cream social is tomorrow and I have to be at school in order to attend it." She says this as she is breathing all over the girls. WHAT THE HECKA?! I send my thanks to this girl...Courtney is now with fever and she redecorated my livingroom hardwoods and walls on Sunday night with barf.


So my complaint...my kids are picking up these illnesses from school. Since school began the last week of August..we have had coughs, barfs, headaches, stomachs, fevers, sinus infections etc...you name it! Parents: please if your child is sick, don't send them to school! If you really can't take time off from work, ask a friend, relative or neighbor to tend your child for the day. I am tired of sick children and cleaning barf off of my floors, toilets and grabage cans! Can't I just have a healthy home? Is this really asking so much?


.......home schooling is looking better and better.



3 comments:

LCM said...

I totally hear you! Maddy has stayed home twice and Livvy once since school started. Wanna know something scary? There is a little kid in Maddy's class where everyone in his family, but him, have the flu. And he's at school. I told Maddy to stay far away from him. Livvy was freaked out about missing 3 days because of all of the pressure.
I also love the, "hop your kids up on Motrin so they won't register a fever!"
Good luck with the barfing, you have my sympathies. And tell the big girls to aim better.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with this post!! And my kids aren't even in school yet. I dread the day they are too... because of everything you just stated. Just an FYI... I feel the exact same weay about nursery too. :)
So sorry everyone is so sick and hope everyone gets better soon! Need anything??

Christine said...

We can usually head stuff off with elderberry pills and zicam nose swabs. Use them morning and night at the first sign of ANY symptoms. And always have a barf bucket at the ready.