My project was to take care of all of the VIPs who received personal invites from the Stake Presidency, Bishops and other leaders in the stake. I accept all of the RSVP's, assign seating for the evening, welcome and seat the VIPs the night of the performance. A half an hour into seating last night, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much! (I felt like tour guide barbie from the movie Toy Story 2..."Oh, my gosh, my cheeks are killing me. I can't keep smiling like this anymore.")
We had almost 100 VIP RSVP, and a quite a few more who just showed up.... (Here's a little etiquette lesson: If you receive an invitation to an event....please, if the invitation says RSVP, please RSVP. I can't believe how many people now a days don't RSVP. It's so rude. Emily Post must be rolling over in her grave.)
Our stake currently has 4,400 people who reside within the boundaries. I was looking around last night to an audience of about 700. I was a little surprised that not more members attend this absolutely amazing performance! To each family, we give a commemorative coin. (I will include a pic in this post.) The coin is to help those in attendance remember the importance of the evening and the spirit they felt during the performance. So to all of you Cypress Stake reading this blog...go to the Lest we Forget concert next year. You will not be disappointed. "Your heart and mind will be stirred, you will go forth from the concert with renewed gratitude for the freedom and safety we enjoy, and with a desire to honor the valiant spirit of those who protect us."
2 comments:
Hey there, do you still have your toilet training blog? I was just telling a friend about it today, and wanted to send her the link. Am I just missing it??
Found it!! Thanks.
Post a Comment