
September, September...ah! what a great month! A great month of course because it's my birthday next week! (Let's hope this year, we have power and no hurricanes! Although it was quite memorable celebrating my birthday last year in the dark.)
I have been contemplating putting up my fall decorations, well, at least my beautiful fall wreath on my front door. I haven't done it yet. I guess I am waiting for the north winds to blow in and push the muggy, warm, humid air back out to the Gulf of Mexico. If my yearly birthday wish comes true, that should happen sometime next week. (Give or take.) I watch our neighbors American flag religiously this time of year...waiting for the north winds to whip the flag around and blow it towards the south! When I see the flag change...I know it's time...time to open the windows and REJOICE..."I made it through another summer in Houston!" Woot! Woot!
I enjoy this time of the year. We get frequent breaks from the humidity this month, and more so into October. My favorite thing to do is open all of the windows and let the cool breeze blow through the home. I also love my kitchen windows open in the evenings...the kids are in the driveway playing, I can hear them giggle and being creative. The cool breeze blows into the kitchen, soap bubbles float up and catch the breeze, hot steam rises and the scent of green apple soap floats in the air. It makes washing the dishes, not such a bad thing. Come on cold front! Here's hoping this years birthday wish comes true!
2 comments:
I am crossing your fingers that your b-day wish comes true too!! :) I am sooooo ready for Fall!!
Danielle, is that you?! Are you the same Danielle Turner I knew at BYU? I think we had Spanish together or something... right around the time you got married. I had come across your other blog and clicked on your profile. You look great! Hope life is treating you well!
~Katherine (Rogers)
Post a Comment