We feel so blessed to live near family again. It was a long 15 years of only seeing most of the family once a year. Since we have been in Washington, we have seen almost all of our siblings and Ron's parents.
Of course we watch the BYU football games each week! Fun to get together and cheer on our team.
Our wonderful neighbor who has 100 fruit trees, gave us peaches and nectarines. All of the family went home with a lot of fruit! This season, I have bottled strawberry jam, raspberry jam, blackberry jam, spiced nectarine jam, relish, dill pickles, spicy pickles, pears, peaches, applesauce, grape juice and apple juice! Before we moved here, I had never bottled before. I had always wanted to learn. My SIL and in-laws showed me how, and now you can saw I am out of control addicted. Haha! Really, I am exhausted. I only have six cases of apples left. Two of the cases will be made into applesauce and the other 4 cases will be washed, wrapped, bagged and boxed and put into cold storage out in the garage for the winter. YES, I did just write that....cold storage out in the garage! I am LOVING the cool Fall weather and LOVE LOVE seeing the beautiful Fall leaves in my yard. I have missed not having four seasons and feel so blessed to be living in the Washington!
We are currently renting the home we are living in. It is sitting on almost an acre. It is a great yard for playing soccer! Our new home is on 2 acres. We look forward to many fun times playing in soft grass and climbing trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment