CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 11 - No power


So, I stand corrected. I was day behind in the power loss count. We are on day 11.
The girls went to school this morning. Let's just say it was a long morning. I set the alarm on my cell phone for 5:45 and hoped it would go off. Sure enough it worked. However, it was pitch black in the house. Have you ever tried to wake up a teenager for school who is hot and tired? Not fun. I then set off to the kitchen with a flashlight to make 5 sack lunches. That was a joy. I was able to get everyone off to school or work in 2 hours from the time I got up. Now, the house sits....QUIET! YES!!! There is no quarreling over the Wii (yes, it is hooked up to the generator) and no one to complain to me that they are hot.
I still do not see any power company behind the fence. The power lines still sit untouched.



No comments: