So, we wait.
The wind is beginning to pick up outside. They say that it is the tropical storm force winds beginning to come in. The hurricane will be over us around 1:00am.
We spent the morning talking with neighbors and picking up the yard and seeing how much stuff we can squeeze into the garage. One neighbor came over and asked us to take down our trampoline, because as he puts it,"(speak like a Texan) I have been in Texas all my life, and you just can't take Hurricanes lightly. These trampolines become missiles in wind storms like this. Please take it down." I just smiled at him and told him, yes we would do something with it. We seemed to do fine wedging all of the planter boxes, toys, swing, BBQ, and basketball hoop in the garage.
We spent time filling (6) 10 gallon water jugs. We also filled the bath tubs, and I checked on our (7) 50 gallon water drums, they seem to be fine, and of course we have cases of bottled water. Lots of comfort foods and foods I can cook either on my gas cook top or BBQ.
I spoke to a neighbor this morning about the storm. They told me to prepare to be three days with no power and no water. They asked if we needed any food. I chuckled and said,"Ah, I'm a Mormon. I have so much food storage, we will be fine for quite sometime...by the way if you'd like to plant 50 acres of wheat, I'd be glad to donate the wheat."
I see Galveston is flooding. They expect a 22 foot wall of water to come in and flood 20 miles inland. It seems crazy people down there are staying. The city Mayor said, if you stay you will die. We are in Northwest Houston. If any flooding occurs up here, it is due to the bayous backing up. I don't foresee and flooding at my or my parent's homes.
More later...
xoxo
Nana's Pasta Salad
-
Cook 1 Box of Bowtie Pasta
2 cups of Spinach
1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
6 String Cheese, chopped
1 can of Black Olives
1 red onion, chopped
1 Rotisserie C...
10 months ago
1 comment:
Did ya'll take down that trampoline? Loved the comment about planting wheat. How about the pool?
If we don't hear from you for awhile, we'll know why.
Are you old enough to remember the commercial on TV "Dad, do we have plenty of RCA batteries?"
Post a Comment