This whole outage made all of us more grateful for electricity and the easy life we enjoy. I am sure my great grandmothers who didn't have such home conveniences would laugh at how easy I have it today. The last 13 days definitely made me learn to suck it up and be more grateful. It also taught me that I am grateful for a prophet who encouraged us to have a food and water storage. I also learned that we were quite prepared in this area, and we did pretty well. I am proud of my family, they all just rolled with the punches. Way to go girls! Now, all I need to do is restock food storage and prepare for the next hurricane or whatever it is that is thrown our way.
Now, it feels so nice to just get back to life! I am going to clean my house from top to bottom today. It just feels sticky! I guess that's what happens when there is no a/c and we are all just "camping" in the house for one day shy of two weeks and not able to run the vacuums! :O)
Below, you find pictures and videos we took of the power company fixing the lines and poles. They were across the street, so we took pics through the twins telescope. We researched the logo on the hats and learned the company they work for is in North Carolina and Florida. So, to whoever these guys (and one woman!) were, THANK YOU!!!
Workers on top of pole restringing the lines!
They had two scoop buckets and one person on the pole to reconnect 4 lines to 4 poles.
"Look at the Power People!"
Anxiously waiting for a/c and power!
Our HERO'S!!
These are the pics we took through the telescope. Click on them to enlarge.
LOOK IT IS SPINNING AGAIN! Ron said this was the first time he has ever been grateful to see the electricity meter spinning!
New wires and poles attached!
Finished product!
2 comments:
Congratulations! Two weeks is a long, long time to go without electricity when we are all so used to having it. Good job to your girls, too!
Hooray! Life is good again! Look at it this way...you can go out to dinner on the money you saved on your electric bill.
Post a Comment