CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Caitlin, Courtney & the violin

In school this year Caitlin and Courtney are learning to play the violin in orchestra class. When we heard a class was offered I was pretty excited. As some of you may remember I use to play the violin. I began when I was four years old and played through high school. Over the years I would take my violins out of storage and let my girls play...hoping to see if any of them had a hidden potential. Two in particular I saw had some natural abilities as how to hold the violin and get a clear sound out of a stroke.

The twins began playing in September and they had their first plucking concert in October. They had some pretty big open blisters each day and plucking became quite painful! They were eager to begin with the bow in mid October and are now reading music! I have been quite impressed with their Orchestra teacher.





1 comment:

Gary or Carol said...

Plucking concert? How fun is that? Wish we could have seen it. Get ready to play for us in Jan. We should organize a family orchestra!