So Homecoming this year was just so cute. The boys asked the girls in very creative ways and then the girls respond in just as creative ways. It is a fun game!
I will begin with Tori... She was asked by two young men. She was then faced with the decision of trying to decide which one to go with. She chose Rychardt. This young man dropped off a basket of goodies late one night on the door step (all of her favorite candies, diet coke, etc.) and now that I am writing this...I can not for the life of me remember what the cute saying was on her basket. HAHA, gesh, I am getting old.
Anyway, she responded by putting rubber duckies and glitter all over his car and a sign that said,"I'd be quacked up if I didn't say YES!". I know very cheesy.
Glad to see all of the glitter washed off of his car....unlike the floors in my home. (More about this in the next paragraph.)
As a Senior this year, Tori went all out for her last Homecoming. Here she is on Spirit Day! (I still have gold glitter all over my house! The next time you are at my home, just look down and you will see it stuck on the tile, grout, carpets, and baseboards. The vacuum will not suck it up. It's like teeny tiny pieces of glitter, almost like a powder.)
Courtney and Caitlin on Homecoming Twin Day!
Courtney was asked by a young man named Caleb. He sent her a photo in a text message that showed our front door and he said "Catch me if you can!". Of course Courtney, Caitlin and their two best friends began screaming. They were so excited! The flung the front door open and found an envelope with a clue. She was then sent on a scavenger hunt. It was so cute.
Here is the final stop on the hunt. He must have baked her 4 dozen cookies. That box was so full!
Courtney said yes by making Caleb this....
(It's a pillowcase)
This was how Caitlin was asked. We found this on the front porch.
She opened the bag of flour to see what was inside.
There was nothing. About 30 minutes later, the door bell rang....and...
There was John. He said,"oops sorry, wrong flour/flower". He gave her a bouquet and inside one of the flowers a note said,"Will you go to Homecoming with me?"
Caitlin responded by baking a cake (not with the flour, hee-hee) and putting this in the middle of the cake. Then we iced it, so it looked just like a normal cake.
After much shopping....MUCH shopping.... (UGH!) ..........The big night finally arrived.....
This is my absolute FAVORITE photo!
Yes, that is a mannequin....his name is Chip. It's a long long story. If you ask, I will share it with you sometime. He is our only son. ;-)
This hair style is called "the waterfall", we found it on Pinterest.
Courtney and Caleb
Caitlin and John
The group date!
The youth had a great time attending Mormon Homecoming at the Ostler's home. We are so grateful that the youth can attend a dance where it is fun, everyone has high standards and it is a safe environment. (and if my girls were here they would add..."and there is no grinding!")
Thanks Delene! We appreciate all your family does for the youth! :)



1 comment:
You have such beautiful girls. I love how modest and sweet they always look.
Post a Comment