CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Hurricane Pics

I found these photos on my friend, Carrie's blog. So, I swiped them. ;O) Some of these homes are in my subdivision and some are from a neighboring one. The wind was so strong...I can still hear it roar when I lay down to sleep each night...oh wait a minute, that's not the wind...it's the sound of 20 generators on my block. Gotta love hearing the loud hum ALL night long. Can you sense the sarcasm in my voice? ;o)

School begins tomorrow. They kids were out of school for 7 days. I am not too excited for school to start. Brianne's school still has no power. I am curious to know what will happen there. The girls asked me how they were going to wake up at 5am with no alarm clock. I guess we will just need to set out cell phone alarms...and hope they go off. This is crazy sending kids back to school with no power.

The Texas government says this is the biggest power outage in the state history.

Today looks to be in the 90's. It is 8am and I am already sweating. (I know just what y'all want to hear.)

I finally had some time this morning to shrink the video file of the hurricane Ike footage. It was just the tail end of the storm around 6-7am, so it was nothing compared to the center of the storm.







3 comments:

Jen said...

Wow - amazing pictures! It's amazing what Mother Nature can do. I can't believe you are STILL without power - I know that hot, sweaty sticky feeling and it is HORRIBLE !! I will definitely pray for a cool front to come your way. You'll never take electricity for granted EVER again, I'm sure! Or AIR CONDITIONING! Hang in there!!!

Gary or Carol said...

I can't even tell you how sorry I am that you have no AC. I would be whining all day and sitting in my cold water bathtub reading about the pioneers sweating in the heat and humidity in The Work and The Glory. I could send you a cute little Korean hand fan...would that help?

LCM said...

Hey now, when we didn't have power the noise of all of the generators put me right to sleep. Or maybe because it reminded me of TD's snoring....I was in the other room because he was too warm for me.