It has been a dream of mine to travel to Mt. Rushmore since I was a child. I guess it's just the patriotic spirit in me that gave me the yearning to see the mountain. It was everything I always thought it was....huge and incredible. If you have not take a trip to Mt. Rushmore yet, you need to put it on your list of things to do in your lifetime. The experience is something, I will never forget. Next time, we plan to go there on a future July 3rd to watch the fireworks display. The fireworks are launched from the top of Rushmore and there is a large stadium to sit and enjoy the patriotic performance. After we left Rushmore, the girls popped in the movie,
National Treasure 2. They said that it was even better, after we had just spent the afternoon at Rushmore.
We went on a guided tour and were able to hike to the base of Rushmore. The day was so warm and breezy. The Quaking Aspen trees were rustling in the wind. It was so peaceful at the base of the mountain.



This is what Mt. Rushmore was suppose to look like.

A large photo of one of the workers.

This is what the Mt. Rushmore Presidents get to look at all day! View from the mountain.


Entrance to Rushmore.
1 comment:
I'm loving this update of your month of traveling! Rushmore is officially now on my list of places to visit. Your review made it sound amazing! I am going to copy you and plan our visit around the beginning of July. Thanks for the tips!
Post a Comment