CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Tiffany's Birthday Celebration

Tiffany began celebrating her birthday a week ago.  She stretched her birthday celebrations and made them last for a whole week! It was so much fun! 

Last Saturday Grandma and Grandpa Turner came for lunch and cupcakes & cake.  Grandma spoiled her with clothes and grandpa made her a heart shaped red velvet cake.  It was so nice to see them again, as it had been a few weeks since we had last seen them.  They only live about and hour and half away from us.  It is so nice to know they live so close.

On Monday night our family went out for dinner for FHE {Family Home Evening}...ya not so much "Home" but we were all together and celebrated a very special little girl.  We went to the restaurant of Tiffany's choice, which was Red Robin.  She said she wanted to go there for the unlimited french fries and of course for the birthday ice cream sundae with chocolate syrup and rainbow sprinkles!

On Wednesday she celebrated at school by giving her class a book for their classroom library and I brought her lunch and we ate together in the cafeteria.  I have to add, I was amazed that I was the only parent eating lunch at the school that day.  {At our last school, Lakewood Elementary, the parent's table was always the hopping place, and sometimes there wasn't room at the table for all of the parents.}  This school has a nice parent/guest table area and Tiffany was told she could bring one friend to sit with us to eat lunch.  These are precious memories that I cherish. I feel blessed that I am able to be a stay-at-home Mother and be able to do things like this with my kids.

On Wednesday night we let Tiffany open her gifts for her birthday.  She got a Nintendo DS & games and Pink Toes Barbie.  What fun surprises, as you can see on her face how excited she was for these fun new toys! I should add that we have not seen the whites of her eyes for days.  haha! She does love her DS.  I also have to add how proud of her I am, when her big sisters bring me their cell phones at night to check them in, she brings me her DS and we plug everything into the charging station.  Love that girl that she is so willing to hand in her computer game at night!

On Friday, Aunt Karen and Uncle Todd came to town to party! Grandma and Grandpa Avery also came out to the house for lunch and cake. Aunt Karen and Uncle Todd spoiled Tiff with two Spring dresses and Twinkle Toes Shoes! Grandma and Grandpa gave Tiffany "new" cash and Tiff had a blast tossing it into the air and watching it float down all around her. Then she created a fan and began fanning herself with the mula. She thought that was pretty cool to have so many $1 bills in her hand!

What a great week! I think Tiffany did an excellent job in making her 7th birthday last for many, many days! Thanks to all for making this celebration so special. :)


I wanted to add a few more thoughts:  I asked Tiffany what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday.  She told me a cake with rainbows on it.  Right away,  I knew exactly what I wanted to make and how I wanted the cake to look.  It took me a long time to mix all of the colors individually into the batters.  It also took some time to mix the icing colors and pipe the icing.  Overall the cake turned out brightly colored, very tall and it was very cute and cheery!  

It took Tiffany SEVERAL times to blow out the 7 candles on the cake. It was pretty funny! Uncle Todd asked if they were trick candles, which they were not. Just candles from Hobby Lobby that took an extra big gust of wind to blow them out!   


So excited to recieve this Barbie!












 




She blew so hard she went cross eyed!



The guests said it was moist and delicious!

No comments: